Microsoft Sway is an online presentation tool that can be adapted to address needs in any subject area. Combine text and media, such as audio, video, and images, to create clean, eye-catching products that can be shared via a web link. Sway makes it easy to add media by providing a Creative Commons search option right within the platform. You can also upload your own media if you so choose.
Drag and drop options make Sway easy to use. It limits the amount of adjustments you can make, which in turn causes students to focus more on the content rather than all the aesthetic options other products offer. The result is a clean, professional look with minimal effort. Consider Microsoft Sway for your next digital assignment.
Here is a playlist that can be shared with new users that walks them through the creation process. The videos are broken down by activity:
• Creating a new Sway and an overview of your options
• Adding content with the storyline options
• Changing the look with the design options
• Getting to know the editing and view options
Ideas for implementation:
- Create engaging lessons for your students that they are able to revisit
- Get started with blended learning in your classroom
- Create research presentations or digital reports
- Use as a student portfolio or resume moving forward
- Create a digital dictionary for English Language Learners
- Organize your own guide for formulas and processes you need to remember
Contributor: Paul Wagner
Paul is a Digital Learning Coach for a school district near Houston, TX. He is also a moderator for the #TXed Twitter chat on Wednesday nights at 8:30 PM CST.
Follow Paul on Twitter: @pwagnerlcisd