Create icons, logos, and more at https://www.flaticon.com/.
Flatiron.com is a great website with lots of free options to create resources. You can search for icons, interface icons, animated icons, logos, and stickers. There are a ton of templates available within the site.
To get started, go to the site. You will need to create a free account. Then:
- Choose the option for the type of resource you are looking for.
- Search for a keyword to narrow your results. In this example I am searching for “presentation”.
- You will see that there are 36,848 results from my search.
- You can then use the additional features to further narrow your search.
- All results are displayed at the bottom of the screen.
Hover over one of the results to have options display:
- Add the resource to your collection.
- Copy the resource to the clipboard.
- Download the resource to your device.
- Select the resource to open it in a viewing window for even more options.
When the viewing window opens you will see a larger version of the icon displayed.
- View different versions of the icon below the display.
- Choose to download, add to your collection, or share the resource.
- Choose to edit the icon if you want to make changes.
The editor allows you to make a variety of changes:
- Change the color, size, placement, or shape of the icon.
- View your changes in the display window. You also have the ability to reset the image.
- Once again you can save to your collection or download the image.
- Exit the editor when you are finished to return to the previous window.
Icons and logos are a great way to draw attention to your content and to keep your end user on-track as they progress through a process or learning experience. Utilize this free tool to kick your content up a notch!
Contributor: Paul Wagner
Paul is a Digital Learning Specialist for a school district near Houston, TX. He oversees the Learning Management System for his district.
Follow Paul on Twitter: @pwagnerlcisd