Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Trainer Academy
K-12 teacher trainers responsible for delivering professional development training- Join us for the Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Trainer Academy to learn more about Microsoft’s hottest tools and resources to empower your teachers and students to achieve more! Attend this 2-day in-depth professional learning experience to learn how to maximize the use of Windows and take an immersive deep dive into the new Microsoft Classroom in O365 for Education. You will get the opportunity to explore tools such as OneNote Class Notebooks, Docs.com, Microsoft Forms, Sway, and Office Mix, including how to provide teachers and students with learning experiences beyond the 4 walls of the classroom using Skype in the Classroom and the online Microsoft Educator Community.
*This workshop is a train the trainer model and will provide you with the skills and materials necessary for you to redeliver Microsoft in Education training to other educators.
Minecraft Teacher Academy
Minecraft: Education Edition is an open world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination. During this 1-day, in-person Teacher Academy, you will:
- Learn about Minecraft: Education Edition, its place in learning, and unique features suited for teaching & learning with immersive games.
- Become a Minecraft player. Learn the controls, crafting, and game features necessary to gain confidence and lower anxiety about game-based learning.
- Learn strategies, tips, and tricks to integrate Minecraft into your classroom. Learn what’s worked for educators successfully teaching with Minecraft, along with resources you can bring back to your own classroom.
- Take a learner’s role, and walk through a learning experience featuring Minecraft. Then, move through examples traversing grade span and subject area, demonstrating the global applicability of Minecraft in schools.
21st Century Learning Design Trainer Academy
This two-day in-depth workshop is designed for K-12 teacher trainers responsible for delivering professional development training. Attend this 2 day in-depth professional learning experience to understand how to design 21st Century learning opportunities for students. The 21CLD curriculum describes six dimensions of 21st century learning: Collaboration; Skilled communication; Knowledge construction; Self-regulation; Real-world problem-solving and innovation; and Use of ICT for learning, each of which represents an important skill for students to develop. This Trainer Academy builds on the research methodology providing a collaborative, practice-based process to help educators transform how they design enriching learning activities for their students.
- Provide exposure to the many Microsoft technologies and resources that support student-centered learning.
- Experience hands-on activities and participate in best practice conversations for innovating teaching with Microsoft tools.
- Take advantage of many free tools and resources available to students and educators.